Padma means lotus in Sanskrit, in this asana position of the legs look like blooming lotus. This asana has been given a great importance in the Yogashastra as it is best suited for Pranayam, Meditation & concentration.
As the backbone is kept erect in this asana, its functioning is greatly improved. Dnyana Mudra further helps in stabilizing pulse beats. Consequently strain on muscles is reduced, which in turn reduces strain on heart.Also breathing slows down, collective effect of all this is one can achieve concentration of mind.
- This is an extremely good pose for meditation and concentration.
- It has a calming effect on the mind and the nerves.
- This pose keeps the spine erect.
- Helps develop a good posture.
- Helps keep the joints in flexible condition.